It’s only January, but BCIT students already feel like their workload is snowballing…
While most of us are waist-deep in term projects and readings, a number of lucky students will be waist-deep in powder at the renowned Big White Ski Resort January 29th-31st. The BCITMA has arranged an exceptional weekend for both seasoned skiers as well as beginners.
Big White is a well-known resort located in Kelowna, BC. The 4.5 hour drive from Vancouver will bring students to the impressive mountain which offers 118 runs spanned among 15 lifts. While this is certainly any skier or snowboarder’s paradise, there are a number of additional activities that Big White has to offer:
- 60 ft. ice climbing tower
- Olympic sized outdoor ice skating rink
- Tubing at the Happy Valley Adventure Centre
- Snowshoeing and cross country skiing
- 23 restaurants, including 8 bars/lounges.
Even though this trip is promised to be adventure-packed, it’s also an excellent way for students to socialize and network – not only among other BCIT students, but with neighboring universities as well. This offers first-year students in particular a great opportunity to get involved with the BCIT and the MA community in an event-filled weekend.
The MA offered students a very reasonably priced package including:
- deluxe coach charter providing transportation to and from Kelowna
- accommodation for two nights at a hotel featuring a pool and hot tub
- 2 day lift ticket, including Saturday night skiing
- 2 for 1 tube park and outdoor pond skating pass
- access to a theme party on Saturday night at Snowshoe Sam’s.
Unfortunately, registration for the weekend has closed. However, the MA is excited about continuing to host ski trips in the future along with other unique events and opportunities. To stay updated on what we have planned next, make sure to check out the BCITMA page on Facebook.